Tuesday 24 June 2008

Hai-ya! *kick* *punch* *run up wall*

Noel and I took the kiddos to see Kung Fu Panda on the weekend. I went along because I was desperate to get out and about for some time with him and them, but I was pretty sure I would find the movie boring and/or groan-worthy.

I was wrong! To my own surprise, I really enjoyed it. At one point I realised I was just gazing at the screen with a big smile on my face and I thought "Oh, goodness, I really like this!" It's funny and gorgeous. I'm not usually much of a fan of Jack Black, but in this he is AWESOME (lol, I never use that word but sorry, I just have to. "There is no charge for Awesomeness.").

I just deleted a few sentences in which I tried to pinpoint why I liked the film so much. I can't put my finger on it. The characters are just deep enough for their story, and they and their world are beautifully drawn, and it all just works really well.

I like it. So go see it if you get the chance.

~~~~

I'm a bit excited tonight, and a bit too keen to tuck the girls into bed, because I've borrowed The Shining (hooray for DVDs at the library!) and will watch it tonight accompanied by my block of Maya Gold chocolate (Fair Trade chocolate! Buy it! Don't buy the slave-harvested stuff!).
I don't even have any idea what The Shining is about, but it's one of those classic films that has been on my to-watch list for ages... I shall report back, faithful listeners... readers... friends... you know who you are...

3 comments:

Mr B said...

The Shining is my number one scary film of all time. Even though I know the film and what bits are coming up, Im still scared by it. I think its because its something that could possibly happen in real life.....not like those unrealistic horror films with zombies etc.... Maya Gold is my FAV !!!! yummmmmmm

Sam said...

Another big maya gold fan here! Might try the panda movie in the holidays maybe... thanks for the tip :)

Anonymous said...

I've never seen The Shining either. Not really sure if I want to, but I'd like to hear what you think of it.

My brother wants to see Kung-fu Panda, might have to go with him.