Thursday 5 June 2008

A spoonful of sugar

Miss B is watching Mary Poppins so all those fun songs are filtering through the doorway...

"A spoonful of sugar, that is all it takes. It changes bread and water into tea and cakes."

Oh I love Mary Poppins. Such lovely messages about life and value. I know there are two schools of thought about this movie though. Some people seem to think she's a very freaky scary manipulator. I can totally see where they're coming from but I just ignore the freakiness and concentrate on the cute and loveliness. :)

~~~~

No spoonfuls of sugar for me, though. I lost 1.9kg this week, woohoo! So, if I stay on track, this "spare tyre" should be gone in no time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Mary Poppins! I haven't seen it since I was a kid.

Well done losing some weight this week! That's great! Wish I could say that I had lost the same, but am still not having any luck on the weight loss front as yet.

Mama attempting to run. said...

Hey, well done on the weight loss. Just a hint, if you measure in pounds it sounds like a lot more!! 4.2 lbs lost!

Sumara said...

lol, yes but if I say my whole weight in pounds it sounds far worse!

You'll get there Hayley - you don't really need to lose much anyway, and all that gym work will pay off in fitness and better health as well as weight loss.

Mama attempting to run. said...

The trick is to measure weight gain in kg's and loss in LB's... Your current weight should always be in kg's.
These are the joys of living in a country which supposedly changed to the metric system years ago but still nobody has any clue about it!