Wednesday 4 March 2009

Nice to see...

I was watching NCIS last night, and for a few brief moments there was a face I recognised, and an Australian accent. At first I thought it might've been someone I knew from college or met at a drama class somewhere. So I looked up the episode and discovered it was Sharni Vinson. No, I've never met her, but I did used to be rather obsessed with Home and Away (oh shush, most people are at some stage!) so I guess that's why I thought I had.

Anyway, it was lovely to see her pop up like that. It makes me proud in some kind of weird disconnected way, to see the young Aussies doing well over in the big scary exciting USA. Also makes part of me very envious, but hey, you get that.

There's Isla Fisher, Tammin Sursok, Isabel Lucas, all Home and Away girls. And then there's Simon Baker and Jesse Spencer.

And then there's the however-many others over there, living the dream (or attempting to) in LA. Bit parts in TV shows and commercials, endless cattle-calls and extra work and working as a waitress......

So, well done, talented Australians. I think you're doing great.

No comments: