Sunday 15 October 2006

Today

I had a great day today. I drove into the city, alone in the car (nobody talking at me, no small people in the back wanting attention), singing along LOUD to the Eagles and daydreaming. :)

I got to the location right on time, even after getting lost on the way, and the boy playing my son greeted me with a loud, cheeky "hello mum". There were other kids today, too, so it was a bit more chaotic and disorganised than Friday, but still running pretty smoothly. I was impressed with these guys actually - for students, they've been really organised and well prepared - and amzingly, running no more than about 10 minutes behind schedule.

Filming all went well. My part is mostly hand acting - my face is rarely seen, actually, because the focus remains on the boy, whose hand I hold a lot and whom I walk beside a fair bit.

We did some scenes in a pet shop which was interesting. It seemed the arrangements had been made with one staff member (the manager, presumably), but a different guy was working there today and wasn't very happy about us being there. He got a tad grumpy, so we were all careful to keeps the kids in line and get everything done as quickly as possible.

Again, the crew were all very appreciative of me helping them out, and I got along well with them. I had a nice little chat with the "son" too, over lunch. He's done a few short films before, and a couple of small roles in TV shows. Nice kid. :)

When I left they were trying to figure out what to do about the fact that it was raining, when the scenes they shot yesterday were in 38 degree blazing sunlight. And the lead actor goes away on holidays tomorrow.

Anyway, blah blah. It was a good day. :)

1 comment:

lusi said...

Yay! Glad it went well for ya :)
Lus x
Ps: We soooo need to catch up one of these days - lol!!!