Monday 15 January 2007

(not) Good Reasons to Stop Acting

I just came across this article called 5 Good Reasons to Stop Acting by Bob Fraser. I really really like it. Fraser's basic philosophy seems to be "if you want to act, act. If you really want it you will get there".

I think that in some part of my head I already knew everything he talks about (that you don't have to be good-looking, that you don't have to live in the right place, that it doesn't matter what Other People think, etc, to succeed at acting) but it's good to be reminded, by such a passionate writer who seems to really care about the people he's talking to.

Thanks, Bob.

2 comments:

Connor said...

My college advisor (back when I was doing playwriting/directing) said "it all comes down to the last person standing."

Of course, that would be... not me! :P

Sumara said...

That is very good, but very scary, advice!

It's all about your own determination I guess, and the directions you choose yourself.