Monday 5 February 2007

Back online.

I've been absent in the Land of Broken Computer. Sorry. But it's all better now. I haven't been up to anything exciting anyway so nobody's missed anything.

While the computer was off, though, I read Shantaram, and about half of Wuthering Heights. I LOVE Shantaram. I can't even describe it; it's just beautiful, beautiful writing and such a compelling story. I thought at first it was an actual autobiography but apparently it's a fiction based on Gregory David Roberts' real life. Brillliant novel. Definitely read it if you can.
I've been wondering, though, how they'll get it into a film. It's 930 pages and I can't easily think of which sections they could leave out... but I'm sure they'll manage. GDR is co-writing the screenplay himself so I'm sure he'll figure out which parts are most important.

Acting-wise I haven't done anything lately. I've applied for a role in a film (not sure if it's a short or a feature) in Sydney but the auditions haven't been announced yet. I helped at a playreading as "stage manager" on the weekend for a group who want to put on a musical. They're hoping to sell to somewhere like Riverside or Glenn St for their subscription seasons. If that gets off the ground it'll be proper paid work so hopefully it will.

I've been applying for millions of part time jobs, waitressing and housekeeping and such. No luck so far. *sigh* REALLY need some cash.

Okay, to make up for the week's lack of posting, here's a really long (potentially very boring but hey, I like weird details about people, so why not...) questionnairre... got it from Connor...


1. Is your second toe longer than your first? nope

2. Do you have a favorite type of pen?nope

3. Look at your planner for March 14, what are you doing? taking T to preschool.

4. What color are your toenails usually? toenail colour.

5. What was the last thing you highlighted? ads in the positions vacant section of the local paper.

6. What color are your bedroom curtains? we have awful apricot-ish holland blinds.

7. What color are the seats in your car? grey I think.

8. Have you ever had a black and white cat? nope.

9. What is the last thing you put a stamp on? a letter to the debt recovery office! (for noel's parking fine)

10. Do you know anyone who lives in Wyoming? Not that I know of.

11. Why did you withdraw cash from the ATM the last time? groceries.

12. Who is the last baby that you held? If two-year-olds count as babies, then my daughter B. If not, I can't remember... I don't tend to hold other people's babies.

13. Do you know of any twins with rhyming names? Nope.

14. Do you like Cinnamon toothpaste? Never had it but I think I would hate it.

15. What kind of car were you driving 2 years ago? none. I'd just had an emergency caesarean.

16. Pick one: Miami Hurricanes or Florida Gators. Are they sports teams or ways to die?

17. Last time you went to Six Flags? I wonder what Six Flags is.

18. Do you have any wallpaper in your house? Nope.

19. Closest thing to you that is yellow: stripes on my shirt and beads on my bracelet.

20. Last person to give you a business card? Real estate agent. Ages ago.

21. Who is the last person you wrote a check to? I don't think I've ever written a cheque.

22. Closest framed picture to you? a picture with two people drinking tea with text: "Friends. Hold a true friend with both your hands".

23. Last time you had someone cook for you? Ha! Mum cooked for B's birthday last week.

24. Have you ever applied for welfare? I've been on Austudy when I was at uni and now that I have kids I get family tax benefit. Is that welfare?

25. How many emails do you have? Who would know that sort of thing?

26. Last time you received flowers? Last week. Mum brought them.

27. Do you think the sanctity of marriage is meant for only a man & woman? Honestly undecided but leaning towards no.

28.What happened to #28?

29. Do you play air guitar? Nope. But I play air piano, saxophone, drums and microphone. Not all at once, that would look weird.

30. Do you take anything in your coffee? Coffee is evil.

31. Do you have any Willow Tree figurines? No but Noel has "Father and Daughter" and B has "angel of prayer".

32. What is your high school's rival mascot? Whaddya think I am? American?

33. Last person you spoke to from high school? Jocelyn!

34. Last time you used hand sanitizer?About 6 years ago when my American friend M brought some to uni.

35. Would you like to learn to play the drums? Oh yes.

36. What color are the blinds in your living room? Same horrible apricot-ish as the bedroom one.

37. What is in your inbox at work? Work? huh?

38. Last thing you read in the newspaper? Positions Vacant.

39. What was the last pageant you attended? see question 32.

40. What is the last place you bought pizza from? Macquarie Pizza.

41. Have you ever worn a crown? Yes. I played the Queen of he Night in Snow White once.

42. What is the last thing you stapled? goodness knows.

43. Did you ever drink clear Pepsi? huh?

44. Are you ticklish? Yes. You seriously don't wanna go near my feet!

45. Last time you saw fireworks?Last week, at the school across the road.

46. Last time you had a Krispy Kreme doughnut?at least a year ago.

47. Who is the last person that left you a message? My Avon region manager.

48. Last time you parked under a carport? years ago.

49. Do you have a black dog? nope.

50. Do you have any pickles in your fridge? nope.

51. Are you an aunt or uncle? yes. my nephew is one week younger than my B.

52. Who has the prettiest eyes that you know of? my daughters.

53. Last time you saw a semi truck?My husband drives one.

54. Do you remember Ugly Kid Joe? I remember the name.

55. Do you have a little black dress? yes.

**Fav-ology**
What is your salad dressing of choice? anything'll do.

What is your favorite fast food restaurant? Well, the best of a bad bunch would be Macca's I guess.

What is your favorite sit down restaurant? I dunno.

What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of? chocolate.

What are your pizza toppings of choice? chicken, mushrooms, pineapple, spinach, cheese, tomato.

What do you like to put on your toast? margarine, vegemite, jam, peanut butter, creamed honey.

What is your favorite type of gum? Extra spearmint.

**TECHN-OLOGY**
Number of contacts in your cell phone? heaps.

Number of contacts in your email address book ?heaps.

What is your wallpaper on your computer? Photos of Noel riding his mountain bike through a stream.

What is your screensaver on your computer? basic black.

How many televisions are in your house? Two, but one is under a pile of stuff and not plugged in.

What kitchen appliance do you use the least? electric juicer.

**BI-OLOGY**

Are you right handed or left handed? yes.

Do you like your smile? I like all smiles.

Have you ever had anything removed from your body? My babies. By caesarean.

Which of your five senses do you think is keenest? touch. or smell.

When was the last time you had a cavity? Never.

What is the heaviest item you lift regularly? my 4-year-old.

Have you ever been knocked unconscious? Yes. by a telegraph pole, it jumped out in front of my bike.

**MISC-OLOGY**
If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?No.

If you could change your first name, what would you change it to? I wouldn't, but I would change my surname if it wouldn't upset people.

How do you express your artistic side? I just do.

What color do you think you look best in? Blue or yellow.

How long do you think you could last in a medium security prison? As long as I needed to.

Have you ever swallowed a non-food item? Probably.

How often do you go to church? every few months.

Have you ever saved someone's life? not that I know of.

Has someone ever saved yours? Well the doctors who recommended my first caesarean thought they were, but I beg to differ. I think I've saved my own life once.

**DARE-OLOGY**

Would you walk naked for a half mile down a public street for $100,000? yep.

Would you kiss a member of the same sex for $100? yep.

Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000? don't think so.

Would you never blog again for $50,000? definitely.

Would you pose naked in a magazine for $250,000? Yes, in certain contexts.

Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000? I would try. Not sure that I'd manage it though.

Would you, without fear of punishment, take a human life for $1,000,000? no way in the world.

Would you run over a dog or cat for $1,000,000? My initial respone is yes, I would. But maybe I couldn't. I would if I could give most of the money to children's charities.

Would you give up watching television for a year for $25,000? Yep.

No comments: