Thursday 26 April 2007

A book meme and an itty bitty ego boost...

I've been tagged by Nic...

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 23.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next three sentences in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don't dig for your favourite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST.
6. Tag five other people to do the same.

Okey dokey... the book is Adventures in the Screen Trade by William Goldman.

"Now, she is powerful and he could have been discarded. But she gave in. Because (1) she wanted him to do the picture and (2) he was young and hot and he didn't care if he did the picture or not. "

(from the chapter on movie stars and how much shit they bring with them to film projects.)

Now I shall blatantly break the rules of the meme by not tagging anyone - because of the four people I know who read my blog; one is Nic, one is extremely busy at the moment, one has already done this meme elsewhere, and the other one doesn't have her own blog anyway.

~~~~

And, the little ego boost (when I say little I mean it!), I received an email today from a producer of a short film who found my profile on Showcast and wants me for a role in her short film. It's a fairly small part in a very small film but hey, it feels nice to be offered a role without even trying. Now, where are the paid roles...

No comments: