Sunday 19 October 2008

A little more sewing

Just a quick share.... I finally got this little handbag done. It's a present for a little friend's 3rd birthday... which was over a month ago! Better late than never, I suppose. The girl in question has more clothes than all my family put together, I think, so I didn't want to make her clothes. I had no pattern for this so I just made it up as I went. It certainly wouldn't pass as a real handbag, but for a 3-year-old's pretty little something, it'll do nicely.


And another Lazy Days skirt using the free pattern from Oliver + S. Also for a birthday gift, for a 4-year-old girl. The party was yesterday, lunchtime, and I whipped this up first thing in the morning, with plenty of time to spare. The birthday girl was far more enamoured with the boxed gifts of plastic Doras and Princesses actually, but her mum was appreciative!

2 comments:

Mr B said...

Oh aren't you a talent ! You should sell those skirts at the markets. If you modified them slightly to be your design I reckon you could. In Cairns at the markets, there was loads of gorgeous kids clothes like this.

Sumara said...

Thanks Nic. :)

That's a great idea, actually. There are markets in two places pretty close to me and some extra cash would be handy! I'd have to come up with my own design though. Hmmm, I might have a think about that.