Monday 26 June 2006

Ah, this industry that I love and hate.

The theatre and film industries are such fickle but such beautiful monsters. One minute anyone with half a decent-looking face can be a star... the next, even the best of the best are finding it a rough trot.

Not that I'm the best of anything, mind you, but I had to choose this moment in history to take the big plunge, didn't I. Ah, but I love it so much, I so desperately want to be a part of it - this world where you make a living from the delightful and enrapturing art of acting - that I can't help myself. I think I love the suspense and the waiting and maybe even the rejections as much as I love the successes.

Two non-successes to report today. A TV commercial I was lined up for (hadn't mentioned it because I didn't want to jinx it! *roll eyes*) was cancelled because the client decided to use their own staff in the ad. Yay for those staff. :-) Not yay for us actors who were looking forward to it.

And, I called that agent I mentioned last time. She was perfectly pleasant and nice, and said I could send her my headshot but, because the industry is so slow at the moment, she's not actively recruiting. " I don't know what I would do with another actor right now!"

Ah, it's good. It's all good.

1 comment:

lusi said...

Keep on rolling - i reckon there's a song in there somewhere - you inspire me to keep trying with my scrapping stuff when I read how you just keep on keeping on!
Lus x