Monday 24 July 2006

More on "Pirates"

Here and here are two more great posts by Merlin about Pirates of the Caribbean... and if you look in the comments, some long and rambling discussion... actually, the original posts are pretty long and rambly too but if you have a few minutes to concentrate, they're a great read (if you're interested in film, Christianity and mythology).

I'm really enjoying the process of analysing these films with Merlin and digging deeper into the plot, characters, and myths they contain.

And, based on some of our discoveries, here's my quote of the day...

"It doesn't have to be fact to be truth."

~Me, or Merlin... can't remember who said it first...probably Merlin.

2 comments:

Connor said...

Hi Sumara,

I hope you don't my leaving this comment here, but I wanted to thank you for the thoughtful comment you left on Blue Skies Falling. I'm really excited by how energized the conversation has suddenly become, but DMC was definitely the most enjoyable film I've seen in a long time.

Anyway, I like your blog, and if you don't mind I'd like to add a link to it (I go searching for friendly blogs, but they're few and far between, so I try not to take surprise comments for granted).

This picture, btw, was taken in 1992... I'd probably have a hard time holding down my job if I looked like this today. :)

Anyway, thanks again for your comment, and feel free to stop by anytime!

Sumara said...

Hi Connor! Lovely to see you here, and thank you for the compliment. :)

You're very welcome to link to my blog, go right ahead... although I don't know how interested any of your readers will be in my strange ramblings...

Did you follow my links to Merlin's blog? He has a LOT to say about Pirates and even if you're not interested in the Christian symbolism it's still really interesting. :)